Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: NEED HELP! CEL-Code 22

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hopen_luder's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2001
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    So last night I am going to dinner and I am getting on the on ramp, full throttle and I shift into 4th and get a check engine light. I have a 99-2k prelude. I get home, short the wire in the access panel in the passengar seat and i check the CEL I get the following code:
    Blink....Blink.......2seconds....Blink, blink.

    I found a site that states that it was the vtec solenoid. I figured this because when I checked under the hood the solinoid connector had disconnected.

    Herer is where I need help. 1-do you think there was any damage to the engine(vtec died)?
    2. How do I reset the ecu? Is there a way to reset it with out making the radio loose its mind? I lost the code to the stereo and dont have access to the dealer who i bought it from. Your knowledge would help me greatly. Thanks guys!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hopen_luder:
    So last night I am going to dinner and I am getting on the on ramp, full throttle and I shift into 4th and get a check engine light. I have a 99-2k prelude. I get home, short the wire in the access panel in the passengar seat and i check the CEL I get the following code:
    Blink....Blink.......2seconds....Blink, blink.

    I found a site that states that it was the vtec solenoid. I figured this because when I checked under the hood the solinoid connector had disconnected.

    Herer is where I need help. 1-do you think there was any damage to the engine(vtec died)?
    2. How do I reset the ecu? Is there a way to reset it with out making the radio loose its mind? I lost the code to the stereo and dont have access to the dealer who i bought it from. Your knowledge would help me greatly. Thanks guys!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    There should be no damage since the oil to engage vtec just failed to operate. The vtm signal wasn't sensed by the ECU hence the code. To reset the ECU pull the backup fuse from the fuse box under the hood for about ten seconds.

    ------------------
    Mods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •